Sunday, July 11, 2010

A First Birthday!

Though Eleanor's birthday was Saturday, we had our first celebration on Thursday in Vegas with my family.  We'll have another party this weekend with Ben's side of the family.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful families!  We spent all of her actual birthday driving from Albuquerque to Texas.  I can't believe it's been a year.  Obviously, she has grown tremendously, and so have Ben and I.
A year ago we welcomed sweet little Eleanor Lee into our family.  It was a dramatic entrance (20 hours of labor and a near miss with a c-section), and she has proven to be a little drama queen since then.  Well, at least she loves to talk, laugh, and cry really loud.  I think she is the best baby in every way, but then again I'm her mother.  But allow me to brag a bit...she usually sleeps from 6 pm to 7 am and eats everything I put in front of her.  Jealous?  You should be. We love her to pieces. She is generally a super happy girl, loves to explore, and laughs a lot.

(Under the ginkgo tree on BYU campus where Ben and I regularly had lunch)

I'm not sure exactly how I have changed this last year.  If nothing else, I can function on less sleep.  But I think I'm a little more patient, a little less judgmental, and learning better what it means to be child like.  I have a greater appreciation for my parents, my mom in particular.  I have a fractionally better understanding of the love my Heavenly Father has for me, because I know that it is far to big for me to truly comprehend.

Enough of that.  Here are some fun pictures of our party.  Thanks especially to my Aunt Karen and my mom!

She was the tutu-ed princess of the party.
Grandma Diane with all of her grandkids.

The awesome pineapple bunt cake!

Okay, not a picture from the party but from our vaction.  But I couldn't help myself.  She's so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment