Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Moving Day

Our shipment of household goods, the majority of our stuff, came by boat and got here on October 6th.  Our unaccompanied baggage, which came by plane, was a month late and got here on October 7th.  Whatever, we didn't have to pay for our move, and for that I am grateful. Anyway, at 8 am the movers showed up with our stuff.  Ben was at school, and so I strapped Ellie into her front carrier and checked off each item as they unloaded it in the house.  I had them put all the boxes in the tatami mat room.  I should have taken a picture before I unpacked half of the boxes.  The room was packed.  I swear our stuff gave birth to baby stuff during the two months it was on a boat.

Ellie loved wandering between the rooms looking at and touching everthing as I unloaded it. And of course, she played in boxes.



She was also quite excited to unload some of her toys, many of which she enjoys a great deal more than she did before.  What a difference a few months can make!  For instance, she HATED wearing these glasses before, but loved chewing on them.  Now when she finds them she tries to put them on and then toddles over to me and has be put them on properly, and then takes off around the rooms looking at everything.



At any rate, most of our stuff has a home now, except sewing stuff.  I have too much of it.  So I'm determined to finish several projects that I started long ago before I'm allowed to start any new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment