Thursday, November 10, 2011

Oh yeah, Halloween. That holiday were we all got sick.

As The Royal Family we participated in our branch's Trunk-or-Treat activity the Saturday before Halloween.  Really, we probably shouldn't have gone because Ellie was clearly coming down with something. But she had so been looking forward to it, and darn it if I wasn't going to show off the costumes I'd been working on. So here we are; Ellie as Rapunzel (post-hair cut and dye job-didn't you know she got it bleached afterwards?), Clara the chameleon, Ben as the King, and me as the Queen.
 On Sunday morning Ellie had a fever and a terrible cough. I stayed home from church with the girls, but by the evening Ellie seemed to be much better. So we let her paint the little pumpkin she had picked out. We asked her what kind of jack-o-lantern Ben should carve and she replied, "Uh..a monster one." So he carved Mike Wazowski from Monsters, Inc.
Pretty clever if I do say so.
And then Monday morning she was terribly sick again, and Ben wasn't feeling that super either. And then by Wednesday morning/afternoon Ellie felt better, but I didn't and Clara got a little fever and started coughing.  It was awesome...But we all pulled through. Let's just hope we don't get sick for Thanksgiving, because I really like the food.

1 comment: