Monday, December 17, 2012

Little Artists

I saw this idea on Pinterest and I thought it would be a perfect project for my girls.

I didn't take any in process pictures because I was "supervising" Clara, who has a tendency to color/paint anything but paper. But this was so much fun!

The set up was a little labor intensive. I put masking tape on the heavy paper in the form of their names. Getting the spacing right was tricky. And figuring out curvy letters. Admittedly, this would be easier with a short, angular name (like Lily or Ava, my new cute nieces!).  But the result was totally worth it.


 The girls love painting so I just let them at it (mostly). At first Eleanor just painted the tape because she is a little obsessed with spelling her name. Then I told her she needed to paint the white around it. It helped that Clara finished first and Ellie could see what was going on when I started pulling off her letters. That got Ellie super excited and she then become obsessed with filling in all the white spots.

The end result was fantastic! Eleanor was very proud and immediately wanted to hang it up on her door. I don't know where she got the idea, but she's been dying to hang up her name on her door.

No comments:

Post a Comment