Monday, June 29, 2009

18 Months of Wedded Bliss

June 27th marked our one and a half year anniversary. Though I don't really expect we'll celebrate halves very frequently, we had good reason to this time. With only 2 and half weeks left till Eleanor's due date, I am willing to give nearly anything a shot to get her here soon.
So, my mom had a tradition of eating strawberry-rhubarb pie sometime before each of us was born. I don't know the specifics of her timing...maybe I should ask. At any rate, to celebrate 18 months of wedded bliss we made strawberry-rhubarb pie. Ben was fantastic and made the filling and I made the crust and voila! Very delicious pie, with vanilla ice cream of course!
Well, you can't see the pie, but it was really great. I've never made pie crust before so I was a little antsy about it. But it came out very nicely. And we sort of modified two different filling recipes to make our own. We wanted more strawberries than rhubarb and weren't willing to invest in the tapioca pudding powder it called for in the other recipe. I hate pudding, so why would I want it in my pie when flour is a perfectly acceptable alternative.
It was nice to celebrate some sort of wedding anniversary since for our first anniversary was I pretty nauseous and not up to doing much of anything since I was 10 weeks pregnant. Granted, I'm not up to do much now, but I sure enjoy eating a lot more!
And indeed, being married to Ben is quite blissful. We get along ridiculously well, and he is quite patient walking around with me (since I move as fast as a snail these days). He is a good, honest priesthood holder who makes me feel like a princess (he calls me his pregnant, pregnant princess).

3 comments:

  1. We need a new belly picture before Eleanor arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about how that pie turned out. I think you guys need to invite us over for some to make sure it really turned out alright. :) (assuming that there is any left that is.) That's sweet what Ben calls you. Stephen calls me Babycakes, so I started calling James Babycupcake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the anniversary! I can't wait to see little Eleanor!

    ReplyDelete