Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Quick Family Picture




It's been a little over 11 weeks since Ellie joined our family, and we couldn't be happier with her (unless of course she changed her own diapers and never cried).  She holds her head up really well now, and is even okay with a little tummy time.  Ben's tutoring is going exceptionally well and he is working hard to make math fun and easier than ever.  We've finished house-sitting and have moved in with Ben's wonderful parents.  We are so grateful for them and they willingness to put up with us.


So Ben is busy working, and I'm relatively busy with Eleanor, but when she is sleeping I have a tendency to get a little lazy myself.  So I've decided to write down some goals, perhaps a bit of a bucket list, but we all know that writing down goals is the best way to help make them happen.
1.  Get moved in (really, that should be finished tomorrow).
2.  Finish box of sewing projects
3.  Write a play. This has been a pet dream of mine for some time now.  I read a non-fiction book called Galileo's Daughter by Dava Sobel and I fell in love with the story.  I highly recommend it.  At any rate, I think it would make a great play.  One day I mentioned this to my mom, and she said "Why don't you do it?" or something to that effect.  So I've been working on it off and on, doing research on Galileo and his daughter, Suor Maria Celeste (she was a nun).  And on playwriting, because that is one of the few classes I didn't take in my many years in the theatre education program at BYU. Now that I've shared this secret little goal, I do feel a lot more motivated to do it.  I think the story has so much potential, and I really love writing.  It's something I always felt I was good at, but haven't had a lot of opportunities lately to do creative writing.  So now I better get to it. 

*Ben feels I ought to remind anyone reading this not to steal my idea.  I do own a sword.

2 comments:

  1. #1 I like that shirt
    #2 I'm proud of you for owning a sword. In fact, I'm double proud because it is a Spanish sword purchased in Spain.
    #3 I miss you
    #4 a sticker chart works well for goals. Have you seen mine lately?
    #5 Thank you for inspiring me to update my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pix. she looks just like you! except for the fact that you said she's a ham. you are not a ham. baby james is a ham too. we should set them up so someday they can have ham children of their own. :)

    ReplyDelete