Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Quick Funny Story

Ben has been substitute teaching during the day and usually comes home with some amusing stories (just like I did when was a sub).  This one does beat all.  There was a boy who was more talkative that he needed to be, so Ben was chatting with him.  The kid was in junior high, but I'm not sure what grade, but here's how the conversation went (basically):

Kid:  I think I have some sort of disease that makes me laught all the time, like, I think of funny things and then I just laugh.

Ben:  Yeah, it's called adolescence.

Kid:  Really?  That's a real disease? (other kids in class snicker)

Ben:  Yeah, you're going through it right now.

Kid:  Wow.

Then one of the other students explained that adolescence is another term for your teenage years.

3 comments:

  1. I think the story of little Nate?? I think his name was Nate. Anyway when he drew a picture of you with a giant diamond ring and then said, "Don't tell your husband"..makes me laugh a lot too. Either way, you can't go wrong when it comes to being around "adolescents"....pure entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious. I was afflicted with that disease once upon a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Ben's so quick on his feet. The disease of adolescence. Love it!

    ReplyDelete