Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We Interrupt This Program to Bring You a Special Bulletin...

Though my posts on China have been much delayed, and many of you may have heard the news through phone calls or facebook, I thought I ought to post anyway.  I did for Ellie, and it would seem unfair if we didn't here.

Anyway, we are very excited to be welcoming another GIRL into our family!  She's due July 6th, but if she wants to be like her sister and come a bit early, I won't complain.
This is me at nearly 20 weeks, the day we had the ultrasound.

This pregnancy has gone much like the last.  Constant nausea for the first trimester, but no vomiting.  And then just getting bigger after that.  I'm definitely getting bigger faster, and I think a lot of it has to do with my complete lack of abdominal strength.  I didn't have much before, and Eleanor really messed me over, and I never did anything to fix it.  My doctor says I'll pay for it with increased lower back and abdominal pain.  Swell.

The ultrasound itself was highly amusing.  The technician was this funny, squat little Japanese man who made the most amusing comments.  The best was when he was checking the gender and said, "No, no little bumps here.  Hi, hi*, no boys parts." And then that's what he typed up on the picture he printed out for us: "Female. No boys parts."
*hi is Japanese for yes, though it is used as a filler word a lot.

We've got no idea what we're going to name this child, though Ben did put forth a strong contender by suggesting Einsteinium Epsilon.

4 comments:

  1. Yippee! Congrats. Two little girls! How is the health care system in Japan? Are you scared for the differences? Can't wait to hear about it all. Oh, and I am glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! That's an awesome doc you got there :) He sounds SUPER funny. PLEASE don't name your little one Einsteinium Epsilon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so excited for you! We are having a girl as well! Little girls are the best! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete