Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Ben and I are frugal. We've been using some very...loved..."silverware" since we got married. Ben got his set in 2003, and I don't even remember how I came to acquire mine. Needless to say, it had seen better days.
We were given some at one of my bridal showers, but only enough for for 4 settings. I really liked the pattern, so for the last several years I've been trying to find more of it, without luck. But when we've had company over, it's been enough to do the trick. But this year for Thanksgiving we were having 5 adults over, so we bought some nicer stuff to set our table.
And then a miracle happened.  I found someone selling the pattern of the really nice silverware I wanted, who was willing to mail it to us. So for Christmas/our Anniversary, Ben got me my silverware.
And I decided it was time to retire the other stuff. Here is Ben's reaction to that idea.



In the end, common sense won out.  We did not need four different sets of silverware taking up valuable space, especially when two of them were quite literally falling apart. 
Thanks Ben for being everything I need in a husband-smart, frugal, and funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment